The Speyburn Distillery was founded in 1897 by John Hopkins & Co in the outskirts of the town of Rothes in northern Scotland. Very little has changed in the last 100 years and the traditional distillation processes are still in place.
Water is, as always, fetched from the crystal clear river of Granity Burn. The first barrel was distilled in 1897 in Queen Victoria’s honour.
The distillery was closed from 1939 to 1947 when the building was used to house two Scottish artillery regiments during World War II. The use of the malting drum ceased in 1967, but it remains on the site and is now protected as part of Scotland’s historic heritage.
Brand Ambassador Spirits
+46 768 44 88 10